Here are some Tesla car fascinating facts.
TESLA CAR – This innovative company has been making waves in the automotive industry since it was founded and here are some facts about it.
Considered as some of the most unique machines on the planet is the cars of Tesla. They are conventional four-wheeled automobile but has adopted a radically new approach in terms of just everything about them, hence, their popularity.
These cars of Elon Musk are technology products disguised as electric cars.
Here are some of the fascinating facts about them:
- Tesla was founded by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning in 2003. In 2004, Musk joined the board as chairman and later as CEO. There is a legal document stating that the Tesla founders are Eberhard, Tarpenning, Musk, Wright, and Straubel.
- As the name suggests, it is named after the inventor of alternating current, Nikola Tesla. He is also the inventor of wireless communication and the radio and known for being the first one to be credited with the idea of solar power.
- The first car is called the Roadster which debuted in 2008. The production intended to show the world that this electric car can outperform conventional gas-fueled cars by being faster but for less money. It used lithium-ion battery cells which are now used in most cars of the manufacturer company.
- Musk wants to create a “S3XY” car line – literally. They now have Model S, Model X, and an upcoming Model 3. And you bet, they will be producing Tesla’s eventual Model Y SUV. Model 3 is supposed to be Model E but Ford has filed for the Model E trademark.
- The Model S was introduced in 2012 and received over 16,000 reservations even before the market debut was made. It also received several awards and one of them is Car of the Year from Motor Trend magazine. It is also the first electric car to reach 300 miles in ice-cold weather.
- Tesla’s self-driving feature will be overseen in the future as the system for this is now being developed. Teslas are designed with a self-drive assistant called ‘autopilot’ and in time, for an extra fee, it will have the ‘Full Self Driving’ capability for fully autonomous driving ability.
- The Model X is the safest car tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
What can you say about this? Let us know in the comments!