Here are some details about the largest cruise ship in the world!
“Wonder of the Seas” is the world’s largest cruise ship and here are some of the amazing and jaw-dropping facts about her.
Promises “revolutionary at-sea experiences and activities” is the Wonder Of The Seas. This cruise ship is dub as the largest in the world. This massive ship weighs more than 230,000 tons and has a total capacity of nearly 7,000 passengers.
Mind-blowing enough right?
With a ship this mammoth size, what can we find inside it? What are its features that will give us the best of onboard experiences? Is it worth to splurge for this experience?
FAST FACTS ABOUT THE SHIP:
- 8 distinct neighborhoods
- The Boardwalk (where you can find arcade, candy store, hot dogs, sports bar, and Johnny Rockets on the oceanfront)
- Pool & Sports Zone (activities like pools, hot tubs, and signature activities can be enjoyed here)
- Central Park (where guests can have a relaxing time with plants and flowers and where they can also find several restaurants, retail stores, bars, and artwork)
- The Royal Promenade (this is where you can find areas such as bars and lounges, shops, and a place to grab a coffee)
- Entertainment Place (where comedy club, ice skating rink, theater, and casino are at)
- Youth Zone (Adventure Ocean programming, an arcade, and teen club destination)
- Vitality Spa & Fitness (an area for self-pamper and relaxation and the fitness center has no cost to guests)
- Suite Neighborhood (an exclusive enclave for the suite guests located on top of the ship where guests can enjoy Coastal Kitchen restaurant, Suite Lounge, and private Suite Sun Deck)
- 25 dining options
- Multiple Bars and Lounges
- 4 pools, 10 whirlpools
- 2 FlowRider surf simulators
- 2 Rock Climbing Walls
- Zip Line
- Ice-skating rink
- Basketball court
- Full-service Vitality at Sea Spa and state-of-the-art Fitness Center
Its impressive measurements are:
- 5,734 guests at double capacity and 6,988 total guests
- 2,300 crew onboard
- 9,288 passengers total capacity
- 1,188 feet long
- 210 feet wide
- 236,857 gross tonnage
In terms of dining options, this ship is never short of possibilities as it houses a lot serving a wide variety of selections in cuisines and styles.
The complimentary dining options are:
- Main Dining Room
- Windjammer Cafe
- Solarium Bistro
- Park Cafe
- Cafe Promenade
- Sorrento’s Pizza
- Boardwalk Dog House
- El Loco Fresh
- Vitality Cafe
- Coastal Kitchen (suites only)
- Room service (continental breakfast only)
- Johnny Rockets (breakfast only)
The specialty dining options are:
- Chops Grille
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi
- Hooked Seafood
- 150 Central Park
- Sugar Beach (ice cream and candy only)
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
- Johnny Rockets (lunch and dinner)
- The Mason Jar
- Chef’s Table
Specialty dining comes at an extra cost.
Meanwhile, Icon of the Seas, a passenger vessel that will claim the largest title is set to voyage in January 2024. If you want to splurge but on a limit, there are also several Budget Cruise Lines Of 2023 that you will surely like!
What can you say about this? Let us know!