These are the cars named after animals that sound unique and clever!
CARS NAMED AFTER ANIMALS – When it comes to naming cars, the choice is limitless, and here are some unique names that are inspired by animals.
Oftentimes, we hear car model names taken from nouns such as a person like Ferrari Enzo which was coined after its founder Enzo Ferrari; a place like Ferrari 550 Maranello, where its headquarters is; or a thing like Lamborghini Diablo from a ferocious Italian bull named ‘Diablo’.
But many cars are also named after animals and they sound unique and clever!
Here are some examples:
- AC Greyhound which was produced from 1959 to 1963.
- Buick Wildcat where the name wildcat was first used in 1962 for a sub-series of the Invicta model range.
- De Tomaso Mangusta and mangusta is the Italian word for mongoose.
- Dodge Ram and Ram was first used by Dodge in 1980 for its trucks and vans until a Ram brand was established in 2010.
- Ford Cougar and in the animal kingdom, a cougar is the largest of the ‘small cats’.
- Ford Mustang and the Mustang concept were first launched in 1962 while in the animal kingdom, a Mustang is a free-roaming horse in the western United States.
- Ford Puma and as we all know, puma is the name of a genus within the cat family.
- Ford Taurus, a model introduced in 1986, and Taurus is a Latin word for ‘bull’.
- Hyundai Pony but the pony in the animal kingdom has various meanings. It could mean an adult horse of any breed, a large horse in polo, or a type of small horse.
- Mercury Bobcat and animal bobcats are found in Mexico, southern Canada, and most of the contiguous United States.
Here are the others:
- Chevrolet Impala
- De Tomaso Pantera
- Fiat Panda
- Ford Bronco
- Ford Corcel
- Ford Pinto
- Hillman Husky
- Lamborghini Miura
- Mazda Bongo
- Mercury Sable
- Nissan Leopard
- Reliant Kitten
- Seat Leon
- Singer Chamois
- Singer Gazelle
- Sunbeam Tiger
- Triumph Stag
- Volkswagen Rabbit
- AC Cobra
- Dodge Viper
- Plymouth Barracuda
- Nissan Bluebird
- Hudson Wasp
- Dodge Super Bee
- Chevrolet Cheetah
In 2012, Cameron Diaz a Ferrari worth £5 Million, the world’s most expensive car on sale at that time and this model was one of the most beautiful Ferrari models. This is the 1963 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder which the actress has driven in the 2003 film Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.
What can you say about this? Let us know!