Take note of these Car Care Tips
Car Care Tips – These are the things you should not do to your car in order to avoid early damage and unexpected untoward incidents.
The car is one of the most important machines that people use nowadays. Vehicles are very useful in making the travel time easier, faster, and more comfortable. For some, cars are status symbol while for some, this is their passion. With this, it is just right to take care of your wheels in order to ensure its longevity and to keep it in great shape.
Based on the article in Family Handyman, these are the things you should avoid doing to you car. These are the car care tips you should remember.
- Do not ignore the rusting.
- Never Overfill the Tires to “Get Better Gas Mileage”
- Never Use the Wrong Coolant/Antifreeze
- Never Mix Up Brake Fluid and Power Steering Fluid
- Never Use a “Universal” Fluid in Your Power Steering or Transmission
- Never Disconnect a Battery Cable to Test the Alternator
- Never Drive When Your Oil Light is On
- Never Drive With Less Than a Quarter Tank of Gas
- Never Use the Wrong Oil
- Never Use Dishwashing Detergent to Wash Your Car
- Never Neglect the Dipstick
- Never Leave Beverages Inside Your Car
- Never Smoke While Pumping Gas
On the other hand, these are the things the you must do to your car or check regularly.
- Inspect your battery
- Checking fluids
- Change filters regularly
- Replace windshield wipers
- Check tire pressure
- Change the oil
- Wash your car
- Check drive belts
- Keep your car clean
- Fix foggy headlights
- Wax your vehicle
- Check your warning lights immediately
- Ensure your cooling system works
- Check your lights
- Do the emissions inspection
- Inspect the brakes