Greek and Romans having cold bath.
You might actually take hot shower everyday if not naturally warm. You set your shower control into moderate hot but did you know that there are surprising health benefits a cold shower can offer. You may find cold shower a dumb decision but what if I tell you, cold shower is advantageous to your health in some circumstances. Do you know hot shower open your skin pores which can enter bacteria unto you skin and cause infection? Hot bath is a luxury but a necessity. Thousand years ago, people use to bath or lake, river or any body part of water due to health benefits. Greeks and Romans use to take a cold bath before going to sleep or everyday. Until modern researchers still studying the health benefits cold showers can help human.
Health Benefits from Cold Shower:
- >Cold shower improve circulation and strengthen immunity. Taking cold shower speeds up metabolic rate of your immune system which releases virus-fighting white blood cells that will help you get sick less frequently. Cold water increase overall blood circulation to avoid hypertension and ht hardening of arteries.
- Relieves depression A research from the Department of radiation and Oncology in Virginia Commonwealth University of Medicine indicates that short cold shower stimulates the brain blue spot. This is the brain primary spot of hormone called noradrenaline. It’s a chemical helps mitigate depression.
- .Burns fats. There are two types of fats in the body: white and brown fats. White fat is the threat and the brown one considered Mr. Goodman. The brown fat generates heat to keep the body warm. When brown fat activated due to extreme cold, it burns calories to keep the body warm.. Scandinavian researchers found that exposure to cold temperatures increased metabolic rate of brown fat by 15 fold, which could help a person drop 9 pounds a year if sustained.
- Improves sleep. Taking shower an hour before bed time helps you sleep fast. As it soothes your nerves and body generates heat due to coldness, the brain signals were triggered to let you sleep fast.
- Keep skin and hair healthy. Cold shower reduces acne which tightens skin pores preventing from clogging. Having a healthy and shiny hair, cold water will close cuticle, making it less likely dirt can accumulate on scalp. Hot water dries the skin.
- Increase fertility. To men, testes is hanging outside the body because it is a nest of sperm cells. It must not expose on too much hot because if it does, the cells will be terminated. Men take 30 minute hot bath every other day in 3 weeks will infertile for the next 6 months. Recently, University of California, in San Francisco study men who were exposed to 30 minute wet heat like how shower or sauna in a week. When the men cut this exposure out their sperm count goes down to 491% and the sperm motility.
- Improves emotional resilience. If wanting to stay calm and fresh, cold shower is the best. Feeling groggy or sleepy, jump on a cold bath early in the morning. When cold water pour over the body, he breathing depends in response to a shock of the cold. The heart rate also increased, resulting in a rush of blood through the body will help energized for the day.
- Speeds up exercise recovery. Athletes often take ice baths after vigorous training do reduce soreness. Cold showers constrict the veins of the body and helps remove toxins like lactic acid from muscles. Going out from shower increase blood flow and veins open up and systems have fresh blood.
What can you say about this video? Like and share to your friends. You can leave a comment below or share us your thoughts that we’d love to hear from you. Thanks for watching.