Aside from internal organs of our body, eyes plays a big role. Eyes is a pair of globular organs in our head which people and vertebrate animals can see. WebMD explained eyes as a slightly asymmetrical globe about an inch in diameter. The front part of the eye includes: iris, cornea, pupil, sclera, conjunctiva and behind the iris and pupil lies the lens which helps to focus the light on the back of the eye. The eyes are covered of clear gel called vitreous. But how can be know we have a set of healthy eyes? We’ve known that eyes are the window to the world and it is very important to protect them. As we take a bath regularly, eat healthy foods and work; we must not forget on how to take care our eyes. In simple way to protect our eyes like having enough sleep, giving enough rest for eyes while using computer and smartphones, visiting doctors regularly like your dentist, keep eating healthy foods to keep eyes in good condition. Like getting a good shape of your body, you must be aware to prevent from any problems your eyes.
Simple Tips On How To Take Care Your Eyes:
- To know if you have a healthy eyes, visit your doctor regularly. Examine the condition of eyes if having problems with your condition. Try to ask the ophthalmologist on how to prevent your eyes from eye diseases that will help you control you health.
- Practice to remove your contact lenses at the end of the day. Avoid wearing contact lenses for more than 19 hours. The eyes need regular oxygen and lenses block the flow of oxygen to the eyes especially during sleep. If you wear contact lenses for too long, that is not advisable. It can cause permanent vision damage as well as extreme discomfort to your eyes. Do not swim you your contact lenses unless you wear a fitting swimming goggles. Always follow the instruction before using contact lenses and plus wash your hands before handling or removing the lenses to your eyes.
- Remove eye make-up at the end of the day. Never go to bed without removing them. Eyeliner and makeup can cause irritation into your eyes. It will also affect your skin and by making the pores clogged around the eyes.
- Protect you eyes by eating healthy foods. Protect your eyes from cataract and other illnesses by eating green and leafy vegetables, fruits, eggs and drinking natural juice. Some doctors says that eating yellow fruits and vegetables helps clear vision because they are rich in vitamin A regular diet can help lead to good eye health.
- Quit smoking. If you are addicted of smoking try to minimize this habit. Smoking can make you get cataract, optic nerve damage and macular degeneration.
- Wear UV protective sunglasses. Select the right choice of sunglasses that block 90% of UVA and UVB rays against the heat of the sun when you stay outside. Too much exposure can cause cataract and macular degeneration. Prevent your eyes on too much exposure because it can cause loss of vision lately. if you don’t have shades, wear protective hats.
- Have enough sleep. Giving sufficient rest on your body applies to your eyes as well. lack of sleep can cause eye fatigue which includes eye irritation, difficulty in focusing, dryness of excessive tears, blurred or double vision, light sensitivity, or pain in the neck, shoulder or back. During sleep, the nerve around the eyes relax keeping from vision.
- To reduce puffy eyes, use cucumber. Press the cold slice cucumber on your eyelids for 10-15 minutes before going to sleep at night to treat and prevent eyelid under puffiness. Some use green tea bags which also help prolong eyebags. Soak the tea bag in a cold water for a 3-5 minutes and place it on your eyes for 15-20 minutes. The tannins in the tea help reduce inflammation.
- Use allergen reducing eye drops sparingly. Allergen eye drops help treat itchiness and irritation of the eyes but daily use can actually get worse. Too much usage of eye drops might constrict blood flow to the cornea which deprives oxygen. If your eyes don’t feel inflamed or itchy anymore, it might not get enough oxygen from blood because the eye muscles and tissues need oxygen to function. Lack of oxygen can result swelling and scarring.
- Have limitation on computer usage. Looking too much on computer, smartphone and tablets can cause eye strain and dry eyes. Avoid glaring too long because he eye muscles might suffer eye fatigue from excessive brightness or too dark. Avoid using phone before going to sleep or lying on bed it can cause loss of vision someday. Have a break from time to time. Position your computer at eye level, this allow you to look slightly down at the screen. Choose a comfortable and supportive chair and the eeet position must be flat on the floor. Don’t ever forget the blink because without blinking when staring too long on screen make eyes dry. Use anti-glare screen to avoid glare on your computer windows.
- Avoid reading on dark room. Don’t work and read in dim light, it can cause eye strain and loss of vision. Work in areas well lit.
What can you say about this video? Like and share to your friends. You can leave a comment below or share us your thoughts that we’d love to hear from you. Thanks for watching.