Are you familiar with turmeric? Turmeric is a spice that comes from the turmeric plant. It is commonly used in Asian food. You probably know turmeric as the main spice in curry. It has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters, and cheeses. But the root of turmeric is also used widely to make medicine. It contains a yellow-colored chemical called curcumin, which is often used to color foods and cosmetics.
But did you know that turmeric can actually heal you allergies? It is said that it is important to treat allergies and allergic reactions properly and as quickly as possible, as they could otherwise result in a serious condition known as anaphylaxis. In that case, turmeric can be a great help for you!
Turmeric is highly effective because it possesses properties that fight against the different symptoms of an allergy. Here are the ways this great spice helps in treating allergies:
- Turmeric contains a compound known as curcumin that acts as a decongestant and this action in turn helps in reducing the various symptoms that come with allergies.
- Acts as a decongestant and this action in turn helps in reducing the various symptoms that come with allergies which means, it can effectively reduce the release of histamines in your body.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic properties that help in treating allergies and decreasing the symptoms that accompany them which also protect you against conditions that may occur due to an allergic reaction.
- The curcumin in turmeric can be mixed with other herbs such as liquorice root and Boswellia extract to increase the efficacy of remedy for allergies. It helps in relieving immunological reactions and clear allergies from your body.
- Turmeric can inhibit leukotriene naturally for allergies. Leukotriene is related to a particular form of allergy that is known as bronchial asthma, as well as other lung problems.
- Turmeric can be used as an aid to both acute and chronic allergies. You will need to use it several times on a regular basis until you notice a decrease in the symptoms. Regular use of this spice is not a problem as you can use it in a variety of dishes.
Here are two ways on how to use turmeric:
You will need Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon, Milk (boiled) – 1 cup, Honey, and Black pepper.
- Mix the turmeric powder in boiling milk.
- Next, add the honey and pepper.
- Stir well until the ingredients are blended properly with the milk.
- Drink this mixture on an empty stomach in the morning or at night. Repeat 2 to 3 times daily to clear away the allergy.
You will need Ground turmeric – 1 tablespoon, Raw honey – ¼ cup, Raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons, Lemon zest – 1 teaspoon, and a pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Whisk the ground turmeric in a small bowl to get rid of any lumps and make it into a fine powder.
- Add the vinegar, honey, lemon zest and pepper and whisk or stir until you get a smooth paste.
You can also mix a tablespoon of it with warm water and drink it as a tonic or take one tablespoon every day to prevent allergies.
Do you like this post? Like our Facebook page and share this to your friends and community online! You can also visit our website www.amaznginfo.com for more interesting and amazing facts!